Saturday, July 25, 2009

Allow Me To Reintroduce Myself

Hola mis amigos. Despues de mucha tiempo, estoy aqui! Y ahora es el tiempo para regresar a escribiendo. Vamanos...
  • I hope you guys could understand my intro. If you couldn't, this is your chance to learn a few words in a different language. 
  • In the sports world today (aside from post-all-star break baseball), SEC media day, approaching NFL training camps, and the dwindling NBA free agent market are the only things going on. To me, it's similar to going to one of my mom's parties. There are a lot of small snacks that may appear to be an actual meal, but that is only because there are no steaks in sight. If you are a male that has ever been to a women's party, you should know what I mean.
  • The LA Angels do not lose a game. As good as my Rangers have been this year, the Angels appear to be in no mood to hand over the division crown. Also, with the BoSox atop the Wild Card standings, the Rangers can't afford to lose many games right now if they plan to see the postseason. I'm still waiting for the gifted Neftali Feliz to make his debut so we can all see what the talk is about. For the first time in a long time, people are starting to rally behind the Rangers and their success; it's a nice change of pace from the Mavs and Cowboys, who are in a constant struggle to live up to monumental expectations. The Ranger franchise is on the rise, and it's making Texas summers a little more bearable.
  • Congrats to Mark Buehrle on his partido perfecto. Very impressive.
  • It's Tebow Time. First, he's on the cover of SI. The same day I see that, I notice that all of SEC Media Day is focused around discovering who didn't vote for TT as the first team SEC QB. Okay yeah it's surprising that he wasn't unanimous first team, but give me a break. As good as he is, don't make it a national emergency to find out who didn't vote for him. It finally surfaced that Steve Spurrier was the one who didn't put Tebow at the top of the list. Instead of Spurrier admitting it was an accident, I was hoping the Old Ball Coach would say something to the effect of, "You're dang right I didn't vote for that kid, Jevan Snead has much better mechanics, fundies, and general IQ of the game than the Gator boy, my vote was for Snead and I'm sticking to it."Unfortunately, it turned into another brag minute on the former Heisman winner. Regardless, Tebow will be forgotten once Ryan Mallett steps into SEC lore.
  • NFL training camps are on the way, and as of now I don't have many thoughts. Favre will be back. Vick will catch on somewhere, but not the Cowboys (according to Jerry).
  • NBA free agency is at a near stand-still, and the Mavs don't have as much to show for it as I would like. As much as I love Shawn Marion, he isn't the answer to Mark Cuban's prayers. He will bring D, athleticism, and finishing ability; however, we still like an inside force. Like I always say, Damp could be the best backup C in the league, unfortunately he is a starter. Quick change of thought, I LOVE Rodrigue Beaubois. What an intriguing prospect. A wingspan 8 in. longer than his height, incredible leaping ability, and shooting range for days. As me and my cohorts have often asked, what allowed this guy to fall to the late first round? Right now I can't answer that, and when I can, I'll let you know.
  • This summer, the rich got richer and the poor got poorer in the NBA. With Ariza and possibly Odom leaving, I don't think the Lakers remain the consensus No. 1. The C's are built for a run, and obviously the Cavs, Magic, and Spurs will be in the upper echelon of teams. March of this season should be more entertaining than that time Karl Malone and DDP decided to step in the ring against Hulk Hogan and Dennis Rodman. Wait, that's impossible, make it a close second.
Nothing too deep this time, just wanted to touch base on a few topics. I'm out like any positive press Chris Brown thought he would have at this point in his career.

Holla at a player when you see 'em in the street,

Big Wil

No comments:

Post a Comment