Sunday, May 24, 2009

Patience Media, Patience

I don't have a lengthy opening statement today, aside from the fact that tomorrow is Memorial Day, a day for us to honor the men and women who have given their lives for their country. With that being said, the ranting begins....
  • I can't take it anymore. I have seen somewhere close to 50 replays of LeBron's game winner in Game 2. I'm a LeBron fan, and that was a great shot, but the media is blowing this thing up like he just won them Game 7 of the Finals.  And yes, the shot may have been Jordanesque, but stop with all the relating of LJ and MJ because of that shot. Lebron has hit TWO game winners, whereas MJ hit 25 game winners in his NBA career. I'm not saying LeBron can't reach Jordan's level, all I'm saying is he hasn't YET. During the LA/Denver halftime last night, Magic told LeBron he was now considered a closer, mentioning MJ, Bird, and two other legends. Come on Magic, don't give the beast that much credit yet, like I said, it's the man's second game winner. I like Bron, I think he has the potential to be at MJ's level. With that being said, if he can get there, I want him to get to that level on his own, not because the media builds up his every moment like it's a world-changing event.
  • Dwight Howard only had one shot attempt in the fourth quarter of game 2. Pathetic. Give him the ball, the man is like Hercules down there. And who knows, D-How takes makes a couple of buckets, and LeBron may never get that last shot.
  • Last night the Lakers won in Denver, taking a 2-1 series lead in the Western Conf. Finals. Kobe was true to form, posting 41 points, whereas Melo was AWOL in the second half, scoring only three points. Don't bring Kool Aid to a gin party son. This series is a ton of fun to watch, and produces great games. Although the Nuggets have the tools to be the Champs, Kobe's great play, combined with Trevor Ariza's elevated game, is going to be too much for the Tattoo Crew. I'm interested to see how they respond tomorrow night, I expect another good game in Denver.
  • People keep saying the Nugs should have been up 2-0 going into Game 3. Here's my question, why don't people say the same thing about the Magic? Just curious, leave a comment if you have any thoughts.
  • Excluding that three game skid in Detroit, my Rangers are rollin' right now. First in the division, and a nice 3.5 game cushion separates them from the second place Angels. The bats are swingin as always, and the pitching is getting the job done. The Bronx Bombers come into town this week and I intend on going to one of the games, I'll let ya know how it goes.
  • Mike Vick now makes $10 an hour, someone tell me how he is managing to pay for that big house he keeps driving to?
I don't have much else for now, the other Neely is on deck. Shout out to my boy T-rav Walker for getting his Letter of Intent to play football at Mid-America Nazarene, that's big stuff my friend. For now I am gone, Covino's pizza and wings are calling my name.

Stay thirsty my friends,

Big Wil

No comments:

Post a Comment